Choosing the perfect toilet for your bathroom has become burdensome, as the fierce competition in the toilet and bathroom industry has greatly complicated things. There are all sorts of toilet now, from one-piece and two-piece toilets, to tankless and wall-hung, among many others. If you want to buy a toilet then, limit your choice to one line of quality products, Kohler.
As America’s leading and most trusted manufacturer, Kohler has continued to specialize in mixing style and technology in their toilets. The company is deliberate about the type of toilets they design, that’s why the best materials are used to ensure durability. Installation is also always simple with Kohler brands; there are simple instructions that will help you do it yourself without having to call on (and pay) a professional. You will almost never need a plumber.
Currently, Kohler seems to be the leading brand in the USA for toilet products. Users always recommend them for their durability, compatibility with other brands, and ease of installation. There are varieties of Kohler brands in the market.
If you’re planning to purchase a Kohler toilet and you’re not sure which one to buy or whether it would be the right decision or not, our Kohler toilet reviews will help you make a decision. Here are the best Kohler toilets you will find on the market today.
Best KOHLER Toilet Reviews in 2018: Top 5 Picks
|Image||Product Name||GPF||Dimensions||Latest Price|
|Kohler 3810-0 Santa Rosa Comfort Height Toilet||1.28 GPF||31 x 20.8 x 29 Inches||Check Price|
|Kohler K-3609-95 Cimarron Comfort Height Toilet||1.28 GPF||43.3 x 33.5 x 26.4 Inches||Check Price|
|Kohler K-3597-7 San Raphael Comfort Height Pressure Lite||1.0 GPF||32 x 22.8 x 25.2 Inches||Check Price|
|Kohler 3811-0 Santa Rosa Comfort Height Elongated 1.6GPF Toilet||1.6 GPF||31 x 20.8 x 29 Inches||Check Price|
|Kohler K-3493-47 Highline Classic Pressure Lite Toilet||1.4 GPF||30.2 x 21.2 x 31.2 Inches||Check Price|
1. Kohler 3810-0 Santa Rosa Comfort Height Elongated 1.28GPF Toilet
If you want to get a toilet that’s affordable, efficient, and classy, the Kohler Santa Comfort would be for you. This one-piece toilet is designed at a comfortable height, making it a great choice for most adults especially with the elongated bowl that allows a lot of room for your thighs to rest on. The toilet kit includes a seat and a lid, no need to order them separately unlike other brands or models.
The Kohler Santa Rosa is a water-efficient toilet, using only 1.28 gallons of water per flush (GPF). With the canister flush valves, you wouldn’t have to plunge frequently because it pushes water with so much force that clogs are minimized.
In addition to being a single flush toilet, it can also be used as a dual-flush toilet by pushing down the lever halfway and then letting it go. When used as a partial flush, it only uses 0.5 GPF. It is a huge water saver and EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) WaterSense certified.
Due to the AquaPiston technology used by this toilet, only a little cleaning is needed in the bowl. The canister design also has more coverage area than the standard toilets and guarantees that there won’t be any leaking. Kohler 3810-0 Santa Rosa is the perfect deal for those who require top service even from their toilets.
- It has a powerful flushing power with the AquaPiston technology.
- It is water efficient, flushing only 1.28 GPF for the full flush, and 0.5 GPF for the partial flush.
- It can be installed with minimal plumbing knowledge and skills.
- It has canister flush valves to minimize clogging.
- Toilet seat and lid are included.
- It has a compact, elongated bowl to maximize comfort.
- It is relatively inexpensive.
- Tank refills quickly.
- The flush is noisy.
- There’s no self-closing lid.
- Installation can be a bit tricky.
- Flushing is not always efficient, so you may need a second flush.
Most users, especially the adults and the elderly, love the Kohler 3810-0 Santa Rosa for the comfort it provides while using the toilet. You should get it if you want a toilet that would take up little space while giving you comfort and flush efficiency.
2. Kohler K-3609-95 Cimarron Comfort Height Elongated 1.28GPF Toilet
One advantage of the Kohler K-3609-95 Cimarron toilet is its height. It is 16½ inches to the top of the bowl (regular toilets are 15 inches), making it perfect for taller adults, the elderly, and the handicapped. Due to the comfort height, there will be no physical discomfort while using this toilet.
This one-piece toilet is affordably priced and uses less water in flushing than regular toilets. It is EPA WaterSense certified, as it only makes use of 1.28 GPF, saving a household up to 16.5k gallons of water in a year.
You don’t have to flush twice with this toilet. Its AquaPiston technology creates a powerful and efficient flush that pushes all wastes in just one go. Its durable canister design also has 90% less exposed seal material than a regular flapper, preventing leaks. When it comes to comfortable and water-saving toilets, the Kohler K-3609-95 Cimarron toilet is indeed above the competition.
- It is comfortable.
- Its height makes it easy for tall people and the elderly to stand and sit without issues.
- It has a durable canister that prevents leaks.
- It has a high-power flushing capacity.
- It flushes quietly.
- The tank refills quickly.
- It is water efficient, using only 1.28 GPF.
- It is available in several colors.
- It is too high and may not be convenient for shorter people or children.
- The toilet clogs often.
- The seat is not included and must be bought separately.
If you and your family members are tall, this is a toilet that’ll make everyone happy and comfortable. For shorter individuals, including children, a step stool might be necessary to provide a more comfortable experience. Aside from this issue with height, this Kohler toilet is durable and is a good buy.
3. Kohler K-3597-7 San Raphael Comfort Height Pressure Lite
The Kohler K-3597-7 San Raphael is said to be one of the most beautiful, luxurious, and expensive toilets made by the Kohler brand. Like most toilets, this model also minimizes water usage by making use of the best flushing mechanism in the industry today.
It saves water as it has a flush capacity of only 1.0 GPF, making it EPA WaterSense certified. It is a one-piece toilet, easy to install, and durable. The comfort height feature would please most adults and older people. It is also available in seven colors meant to blend into most toilet types and adds class to your toilet.
- Its design makes it easy to clean.
- It is water efficient and EPA WaterSense certified.
- It has a Water Pressure Lite flushing technology.
- It has a soft close lid and a polished chrome trip lever.
- The comfort height feature makes it convenient for old people and adults to use.
- Toilet seat and lid are included in the package.
- Waste doesn’t always go down in one flush.
- It doesn’t flush toilet paper easily.
- The flush is noisy.
- It may not be convenient for children.
You should consider the Kohler K-3597-7 San Raphael If you want a toilet with a contemporary style and low-profile that would make any bathroom look classy. Even though the flush is a bit noisy, users have attested that the noise is worth the money saved on water bills. It is comfortable, durable, and it has a soft close system. What more could you ask for?
4. Kohler 3811-0 Santa Rosa Comfort Height Elongated 1.6GPF Toilet
If you are on a budget and you want a durable classic toilet that is low priced, you should get the Kohler 3811-0 Santa Rosa toilet. It is a compact toilet with a seamless design combining the tank and bowl that makes it very easy to clean.
Kohler’s flush technology has always been efficient, and it’s the same on this toilet. It rids your bowl of waste in just one flush. The comfort height feature also allows you a comfortable toilet experience any time of day.
- The seamless design is not only attractive, it also allows for easy toilet cleaning.
- The seat is included in the package.
- It is a water saver.
- It is comfortable for older people, adults, and people with hip replacements as it is ADA (American with Disabilities Act)-compliant.
- It has a strong flush to prevent clogging.
- It has a 1-year limited warranty.
- One flush may not be enough to rid the bowl of waste.
- It uses more water than the other Kohler brands.
If you want a classic Kohler toilet with great looks and efficient flush plus water saving capacity, the Kohler 3811-0 Santa Rosa is your best buy. You don’t need to empty your bank account for such a classic toilet. It has all the features you would expect from Kohler, and more. It is a good fit for any bathroom design.
5. Kohler K-3493-47 Highline Classic Pressure Lite Toilet
Users have always recommended the Kohler K-3493-47 Highline Classic toilet. It has a pressure-assisted flush that makes each flush powerful and efficient, no need for a second flush. It also includes a left-hand trip lever and a quick flush feature.
This two-piece toilet has a comfort height feature that makes it a good choice for tall people, the elderly, and people who have undergone hip replacement surgery. It works for years without clogging because of its power flush that forces waste down without delay. If you have a plunger, you will hardly need it for this toilet. The tank fills quietly, too.
- It has a quick and powerful flush.
- It has a powerful, pressure-assisted flush system.
- It includes a left-hand trip lever.
- It is a water saver, using only 1.4 GPF.
- It is ADA compliant.
- It doesn’t clog.
- It takes up more space than a one-piece toilet.
- The flush can be noisy.
- Waste sometimes sticks to the bowl after flushing.
- It may begin to leak after a few months.
- The height is not convenient for children and shorter people.
- The seat is not included and has to be purchased separately.
This two-piece toilet from Kohler has amazing features that a regular two-piece toilet wouldn’t. It has a comfort height and a powerful flush that you wouldn’t find in other brands. You don’t have to flush twice with it, and you’d be saving water, too, as it is water efficient.
Brief History of Kohler Toilets
Kohler Company was founded in Wisconsin, the USA in 1873 and has since then been committed to delivering stylish and high-quality toilets and other bathroom fixtures. Kohler gives every product their best while anchoring on the belief that “generous living” is based on charm, good taste, and generosity.
Kohler is a brand known for its artistically designed and elegant flushing toilets, giving other giants in the industry a run for their money. Most American plumbers prefer to work with Kohler than any other brands because they know that Kohler toilets are always advancing with the newest technology, including water efficiency.
Despite its success in American (and global) markets, Kohler continues to find ways to improve the design of their toilets as well as come up with new technologies that give their users the best possible bathroom experience.
Undeniably, no product is perfect. With Kohler’s toilets, the common problems are the noise level and the bowl that needs to be cleaned more often. This may not be a big issue for some people, but some might find it a huge inconvenience.
It’s also important that you know where to go to for help when you experience any problem with this product. The Kohler customer service is knowledgeable, polite, friendly, and always ready to help. It is safe to say that taking your complaints to them will be a pleasure and most importantly, they will fix your problem.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is the best flushing Kohler toilet?
The Kohler 3810-0 Santa Rosa Comfort Height Elongated 1.28GPF is the best flushing Kohler toilet and the second-best among other brands, second only to the Woodbridge T-0001, Dual Flush Elongated One Piece Toilet.
2. What are the quietest flushing Kohler toilets?
The quietest flushing Kohler toilets are the one-piece gravity toilets such as the San Raphael, Rialto, and Rosario. They are quiet because they rely on gravity for water to flow into the bowl and they flush without a large head pressure (i.e., water falling a longer distance). The loudest toilets are the pressurized flush valves or tanks.
3. Will a wax ring come with my toilet?
No, wax rings are purchased separately. The Kohler toilet kits do not include a wax ring.
4. Will ‘’T’’ bolts come with my toilet?
No, T bolts do not come with any Kohler toilet Kit, they must be bought separately.
5. Which Kohler toilet is the best?
The best Kohler toilet is the Kohler Santa Rosa Comfort Height Elongated 1.6GPF Toilet.
A clean and beautiful toilet is one the most valuable assets for any home, hotel room, or office. From the compact, affordable models to the luxurious, expensive toilets for homeowners, Kohler has a lot in store for its prospective users.
Kohler toilets have a lot to offer and they present the perfect mix of functionality and style. Out of this list, our favorite is the Kohler Santa Rosa Comfort Height Elongated 1.6GPF Toilet. It is comfortable, has a modern look, and is also a water efficient toilet. Ultimately, it offers great value for your money, as it lasts longer and makes every toilet visit a pleasure.
If you are looking to get a new Kohler toilet without paying a fortune, this is your best buy. However, if you are planning to buy a new toilet for your new apartment or to replace the existing one with a new toilet, you can choose any Kohler toilet models we mentioned here that best suits your requirements.